Do you have water leaking under kitchen cabinet?
Are you wondering if such an issue is covered under homeowners' insurance?
And, if it is covered, how much compensation are you entitled to?
Would the insurance company pay for the collateral damage resulting from such a fault?
We'll address all issues related to water leaking under kitchen cabinet with regard to insurance in this blog.
Is water leaking under kitchen cabinet covered by insurance?
The answer to that lies in the cause of the leak. If the leak is caused by something beyond the owner's control, it is covered.
If the leak is caused by something that the owner can prevent or something that has resulted from the owner's negligence it is usually not covered.
Let's see some examples of both of the cases to better understand that.
Cases Where Water Leaking under kitchen cabinet is covered
Following are some of the cases where the homeowners' insurance covers water leakage under the kitchen cabinets.
- If the leak is caused by a sudden failure of the water lines under the kitchen cabinets.
- If the leak is caused by the clogging of the sewer lines on the insured property.
- If the reason behind the leak is a faulty pipe joint.
- In case the leak has resulted from any other cause the owner could not reasonably control.
Cases Where Water Leaking under kitchen cabinet is Not covered
Here are some examples of the cases where water leaking under kitchen cabinet is not covered by homeowners' insurance:
- The leaks caused by water pipes failing over time that the owner could have mitigated at earlier stages.
- The leaks resulting from rusty pipes that have slowly developed leaks.
- Water leaks that have been propagating over several weeks or months are not covered.
- Water leaks caused by clogged drains out of the insured property are also not generally covered.
Getting Compensation for Water Leaking Under Kitchen Cabinet
Water leakage is one of the trickiest of all insurance cases. It is often a cause of dispute between the insurance company and the homeowner.
In order to get the compensation for such a case, two things are needed:
- An in-depth review of the insurance policy to determine what is covered by the insurance and what's not.
- Proving to the insurance agency that the damage has actually occurred and is caused by one of the covered causes.
You are totally free by the law to do this on your own, but that is not the smart approach.
Public Adjusters - The Way to Get the Highest Insurance Claim
If you want to get the highest legally possible claim amount for water leakage under kitchen cabinets, get the services of a public adjuster. They can make the following possible for you:
- They can help you get up to 7 times more insurance compensation for the damage.
- They can make it possible for you to get the insurance claim check in under 3 weeks.
ACI Adjustment Group ServicesACI Adjustment group provides assistance with insurance claim investigation in storm, fire, water damage, and all other common insurance claims. The services we provide include:
- Insurance policy review to help you understand the terms and conditions of your insurance policy.
- Evaluating damages that are covered under your insurance policy.
- Proving the damages done to your property so that you get claim money according to the damage.
- Following up with your insurance claim process to get it processed fast.