The kitchen cabinet below sink is one of the most easily damaged parts of the kitchen. A little water leakage or overflow from the sink can make its way into the cabinet. As these cabinets are made of chipboard or medium density fiber (MDF), they get damaged very easily with water.
If you don't take proper precautionary measures, you can end up damaging them and the repair bills can amount to several hundred dollars.
Here are some things that you can do to maintain the kitchen cabinet below sink in a good condition.
How to Prevent Damage to Kitchen Cabinet Below Sink
Have Them Made of a Durable Material
The best approach to tackling this problem is having the kitchen cabinet below the sink made from a material that is not affected much by water.
You can have them made of stainless steel, hardwood, or plastic. These materials are resilient and are not damaged easily by water.
Make Sure there are no leaks
The second thing you can do to minimize damage to these cabinets is making sure that water does not leak into them.
The wastewater pipe of the sink often goes bad. This can lead to water leakage which can damage the cabinets.
Make sure you use a good quality sink pipe and keep checking it for leaks periodically to mitigate any leak in advance before it leads to substantial damage.
Don't Let the Sink Clog
Kitchen waste often has chunks of leftover food that can clog the sink wastewater pipe. If that happens, the water can overflow from the sink and lead to serious damage to the cabinets below it. Keep the sink clean and make sure there is no blockage in the line which can lead to the line being clogged and result in an overflowing sink.
However, a million things can still damage the kitchen cabinet below the sink even if you take all the precautions. If that does happen, you can get the cabinet repaired/replaced by your insurance provider. Let's see how you can do that.
How To Get Kitchen Cabinet Below Sink Insurance Claim
If you notice that the kitchen cabinets below your sink has gone bad, here are the things that you need to do to make sure you get insurance compensation against it:
- Determine the cause of the damage and consult your property insurance policy to find out whether or not that cause of damage is covered by your insurance policy.
- Report the damage to the insurance provider at your earliest.
- Get the services of a public adjuster who can prove that the damage has actually happened and the cause for it is covered by the insurance you have.
- The public adjuster will then make sure that you get the maximum possible compensation for your damages and that you get that in time.
ACI Adjustment Group is a leading provider of public adjuster services in the US.
ACI Adjustment Group ServicesACI Adjustment group provides assistance with insurance claim investigation in storm, fire, water damage, and all other common insurance claims. The services we provide include:
- Insurance policy review to help you understand the terms and conditions of your insurance policy.
- Evaluating damages that are covered under your insurance policy.
- Proving the damages done to your property so that you get claim money according to the damage.
- Following up with your insurance claim process to get it processed fast.