Insurance Claim for Water Damage to Kitchen

Water damage is one of the leading causes of property damage.

As a matter of fact, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), has recognized water damage as the most frequently claimed damage in property insurance.

Of all the parts of a property, kitchens are the most vulnerable for water damage.

This is, in part, because the leftover food that is washed down into the drain can clog the drain. Clogged drains are the chief cause of water damage.

Types Of Water Damage

Not all cases of water damage to the kitchen are the same. Water damage can be caused by any of the following reasons:

  • Overflow
  • Flood
  • Accidental discharge of water
  • Sewer backflow
  • Storm or rain

Water Damage to The Kitchen is NOT Always Covered

One point needs to be understood here.

Even if your insurance policy covers water damage, it might not cover the damage caused by all of the above given reasons.

In order to get an insurance claim for water damage to the kitchen, your policy must cover the cause of water damage you have suffered.

Before you can get a claim for water damage to your kitchen, you need to know whether or not:

  • Water leakage is covered by your insurance.
  • Accidental water discharge is covered.
  • Gradual water damage over time is covered.

In order to review the policy to look closely at the legal and technical implications of the terms of the policy, you might need the services of a lawyer. But we have a better solution than that!

Stick around to know.

How to Get the Maximum Compensation for Water Damage?

In order to get the most compensation against water damage to your kitchen, you need to make sure of the following things:

  • Carefully study your insurance policy to find out what is covered and what's not.
  • Prepare an estimate of the damage to present to the insurance company. They can refer you to an agent to do this. However, these agents are on the payroll of the insurer and might tend to make an estimate that might not be in line with the damages that actually happened.
  • Pursue the case and follow it up until you get the compensation from the insurance company.

You must have realized that to do this, you need to be a lawyer and an engineer. Which you are most probably not. So how can you do that?

Well, you can get the maximum legal claim for water damage to your kitchen if you get the services of someone called a public adjuster. They will review the policy, prove the damages to the insurer and follow up the case to get you the most compensation in the least amount of time.

If you have any doubts about how much of a difference these guys can make, studies show that they can increase your insurance settlement by as much as 700%. And what do they charge?

A mere 10 to 20 percent of the insurance payout you get. That too after you have received the payment from the insurance company.

ACI Adjustment Group Services

ACI Adjustment group provides assistance with insurance claim investigation in storm, fire, water damage, and all other common insurance claims. The services we provide include:
  • Insurance policy review to help you understand the terms and conditions of your insurance policy.
  • Evaluating damages that are covered under your insurance policy.
  • Proving the damages done to your property so that you get claim money according to the damage.
  • Following up with your insurance claim process to get it processed fast.

Contacting Us

If you want assistance in any property insurance related issue, you can contact us 24/7 via our toll free number 1-800-809-4302 or by filling in the contact form on our website or by sending us an email at