If the insurance provider says the insurance claim closed, by no means that translates to you not being able to get the compensation.
This is a tactic used by the insurance companies to make you give up on the claim and make do with whatever compensation they have entitled you to.
First things first, what does "insurance claim closed" mean?
What is Meant By "Insurance Claim Closed?"
Remember that hot girl from highschool? When you asked her out for prom and she refused. It took you years to realize that she only wanted you to repeat your request.
Same is the case with insurance providers. If they tell you that your claim is CLOSED, it means you need another way. They are still obligated to compensate you.
If you are told that your insurance claim is closed, here are the things you can do:
- Sometimes you can just raise a dispute and ask the insurer to look into your claim again.
- You can go to the court and sue the insurer.
- You can hire a public adjuster to assist you.
But what is the best approach to tackle a closed insurance claim?
Let's have a look at all of the options and determine which one is the best way to go.
Asking the Insurer to Look Into the Claim Again
This option is not available with all of the insurance providers. Some girls do mean NO when they say NO.
However, if the company agrees to look into the claim again, everything will still be the same. The same adjuster will look into your claim, the same people will visit you and the same thing will be repeated.
Most of the time, this results in getting no better results and proves to be a mere waste of time.
Suing the Insurer in the Court
If you want to go this way, be prepared. Keep in mind that the insurer can hire better lawyers and they know this thing more than you think.
Moreover, if it is a claim for a small amount, the court fees and lawyer bills will outdo the compensation, if you get any.
Unless you are extremely confident that you can win the case and the claim amount is substantial, you just don't want to go this way.
Hiring a Public Adjuster
If the insurance claim closed on you and you are not satisfied, this is the best option that you can avail. Period.
- Public adjusters don't charge you anything upfront.
- They can increase the adjustment you get from the insurer by as much as 700%.
- Their charges are a mere 10-20 percent of the claim amount.
- They can speed your claim process up and get you the money in the shortest possible time.
- You don't want to go for litigation and save lawyer, court, and other fees.
Wanna hire a public adjuster for any insurance related issue? ACI Adjustments Group is always ready to help.
ACI Adjustment Group ServicesACI Adjustment group provides assistance with insurance claim investigation in storm, fire, water damage, and all other common insurance claims. The services we provide include:
- Insurance policy review to help you understand the terms and conditions of your insurance policy.
- Evaluating damages that are covered under your insurance policy.
- Proving the damages done to your property so that you get claim money according to the damage.
- Following up with your insurance claim process to get it processed fast.