Water damaged kitchen cabinets insurance claims are among some of the most frequent property damage claims.
Water damage to kitchen cabinets can be caused by a number of different reasons. In order for you to qualify for water damaged kitchen cabinets insurance claim, it is necessary that the cause of the damage is covered by your insurance policy.
Insurance is a sensitive issue and the slightest error in presenting the claim case can result in you getting very low compensation or the claim being rejected altogether.
Here's a bit of guideline that can help you get the claim.
1. Read the Insurance Policy Carefully
In order to get water damaged kitchen cabinets insurance claim or any other claim, you need to know all the terms and conditions of the insurance policy.
While it is common sense to carefully read anything before you put your signature on it, it is more important than anything in the insurance policy.
The things that you need to note from the policy include but are not limited to:
- What causes of water damage to kitchen cabinets are covered by the policy?
- What are you entitled to in case of water damage to kitchen cabinets?
- What are your responsibilities in case of any damage?
- How and when you need to inform the insurance agency?
2. Inform the Insurer as Soon as Possible
As a homeowner, you are required to report any damage to your insured property to the insurer. The moment you notice the damage, you need to let the insurance company know. Failure to do this can lead to your water damaged kitchen cabinets insurance claim case being rejected by the insurer.
3. Prove the Damage to The Insurance Agency
This is the tricky part. By the law, you are needed to prove to the insurer that your property has actually sustained the damage you are claiming.
When you go to the insurer after the damage has been done, they'll refer you to an insurance adjuster. This person will visit your property to determine whether or not you are entitled to an insurance claim.
You need to take note of one thing here. The person sent by the insurance agency is on their payroll or otherwise obliged to be biased for them. If you need to get the most out of your insurance claim, you need to have someone in the whole scenario who is on your side.
Have Someone to Help You
You can hire a public adjuster to advocate your interests in this whole thing. Public adjusters work independently of the insurer. They present your case to the insurer, prove the damages, and negotiate an acceptable deal with the insurer.
A public adjuster can:
- Make sure your claim is not rejected.
- Speed up the claim process to get you the money as soon as possible.
- Help you get the highest possible compensation amount against your claim.
ACI Adjustment Group ServicesACI Adjustment group provides assistance with insurance claim investigation in storm, fire, water damage, and all other common insurance claims. The services we provide include:
- Insurance policy review to help you understand the terms and conditions of your insurance policy.
- Evaluating damages that are covered under your insurance policy.
- Proving the damages done to your property so that you get claim money according to the damage.
- Following up with your insurance claim process to get it processed fast.